Desiree Linden - Our Hero
Desiree Linden, 34, won the Boston Marathon this week, but it was the way she won that made it so special:
- The 26.2 mile race conditions were brutal: Soaking rain, stiff headwinds, and a windchill not far above freezing
- Desiree did not feel well the morning of the race and she considered dropping out even before it began
- At mile markers 2, 3, and 4, she was sure she would quit, but kept on going anyway
- When she saw that a competitor and race favorite - Shalane Flanagan - had stopped, Desiree stopped also to lend her some emotional support
- That brief stop - to help another runner - helped her to feel stronger, and she forged ahead
- "Helping her helped me... and I kind of got my legs back" she said
- With 6 miles to go, Desiree suddenly found herself in the race lead. She thought: "This can't be real. I must be dreaming!"
It was real, and Desiree Linden won the 2018 Boston Marathon with a running time of 2 hours and 39 minutes. It was her sixth attempt.
She was the first American woman to win that race in 33 years.
Talk about guts and fortitude.
As her Tweet last month shows, Desiree knows that SHOWING UP - and not giving up - is a hugely important part of success.
Congratulations, Desiree, for having the drive, determination, and spirit to win the 2018 Boston Marathon and especially in those extreme conditions.
You are a true inspiration.
Upgrade Today Block
This is a free trial version.
Upgrade today for access to over 400 patented questions specially designed to help you write and discover a life story. You'll also be able to publish your book on demand as well as receive priority access to our support team.
Trial version includes:
- Ability to test all of the application features
- Access to one chapters and questions
(you will not be able to print)
Upgrade now to receive:
- Access to all chapters, and our full, patented system of over 400 tailored questions
- Ability to publish as many books on-demand as you like
- Priority access to support team
No credit card required
100% money back guarantee